In very broad strokes, the Green New Deal legislation laid out by Congressional Democrats sets goals for some drastic measures to cut carbon emissions across the economy, from electricity generation to transportation to agriculture.
The nonbinding resolution calls for “10-year national mobilizations” toward accomplishing a series of objectives that the legislation lays out. Among the most prominent, the deal calls for “meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.” The ultimate goal is to eliminate fossil fuels, shifting away from oil, coal and nuclear power, in favor of eco-friendly energy such as wind and solar power.
The Green New Deal calls for “replacing non-essential individual means of transport with high-quality and modern mass transit,” which is a flowery way of calling for a ban on gas-powered passenger cars, trucks and motorcycles, as well as airplanes.
According to the legislation, within the decade;
– Achieve a net-zero carbon economy with 100% clean renewable energy
– Eliminate internal combustion engines and expand electric car manufacturing
– Overhaul transportation systems and make air travel obsolete by expanding high-speed rail
– Retrofit all existing buildings for energy efficiency
– Work with farmers “to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions” such as cow farts
– “Economic security” for all, including higher education, jobs, wages, housing and health care
In short, the legislative framework combines climate-change-related ideas with a “dream” list of progressive economic proposals that would affect every American and overhaul the U.S. economy, all at an initial estimated cost of up to $6.6 trillion a year over the decade.
Unfortunately for Cortez the man-made aspect of Climate Change is the largest hoax ever perpetuated on the American people. Watch for Bill’s full Legislative report later today on Bikernet. It’s nuts.–Bandit