100 word fiction contest continues…. #100WFC
by Bandit, inspired by Freddie Cuba
with illustration by Wayfarer
Not far from Hasting, Nebraska stood a crumbling brick Harley-Davidson dealership in a town of 18. The owner, a stub of a man, with a shiny bald head ran it without spare parts. Not a motorcyclist but a franchise collector, he scored a Saab dealership and a Fender guitar franchise. Happy to roll in the new models without spares, he made his living.
One day three riders approached, one with a broken clutch lever. “Sorry fellas, no spare parts.”
“How about the lever on that new ‘78 FL?” A tough demanded.
They surrounded him, but the .38 snub-nose behind his belt, in the small of his back made a lasting point. They headed back to the Highway…
* * *
Read all the entries at:
Yup, its a weekly contest open to all. Just sign up for the free weekly newsletter by clicking here. Then email us your 100 word limit fiction to firstname.lastname@example.org
WINNERS SO FAR:
1. for the month of May 2023: “Been There Done That” by Steven Sanner
2. for the month of June 2023: “A Hundred” by Chris Dutcher
3. for the month of July 2023: “First Time” by Rhys
4. for the month of August 2023: “Hilary” by Gearhead
5. for the month of September 2023: “Mountain” by Koz Mraz