Skip to main content

Sturgis Motorcycle Museum – 1922 Ace Four

By April 22, 2014General Posts


Ace being delivered

This 1922 Ace Inline Four is owned by local Sturgis collector Junior Glover.

By Christine Paige-Diers (Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame).

William G. Henderson is widely recognized as a truly innovative designer of early motorcycles and is especially well-known for his design of four-cylinder engines. He was the original owner of the Henderson Motorcycle company – which was founded in 1911. In 1917, he sold his company to Ignatz Schwinn, the owner of the Schwinn company that made bicycles and Excelsior Motorcycles.