Bartels’ H-D Rider Leads Flag-to-Flag
Bartels’ Harley-Davidson/Scrubblade rider Tyler O’Hara produced a command performance in front of the World Superbike paddock Monday, converting pole position for the 8-lap AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 series race into a dominating flag-to-flag victory at the Big M Weekend at Miller Motorsports Park in Toole, Utah, to earn his second victory of the season.
O’Hara jumped off the front of the field and never looked back, building a 4.260-second lead over KLR Group’s Kyle Wyman at the checkered flag. O’Hara’s Bartels’ Harley-Davidson/Scrubblade teammate Michael Barnes finished third, more than 12 seconds back.
“Ever since we unloaded the bike off the truck it’s been awesome,” O’Hara said. “I rode here a few years ago on the Supermoto track and wanted to be out here [again]. I’m just really comfortable on this track; it's fast and flowing. I ran really hard tires and was comfortable out there sliding around. I put in a good charge at the beginning and just maintained the lead.”
Outside the top three, Kuryakyn’s Gerry Signorelli charged back through the field after stalling on the start, picking off riders lap by lap to finish a strong fifth behind XP Motorsports’ Michael Corbino and just ahead of Ruthless Racing/Deeley H-D teammates David Estok and Darren James. Josh Chisum, the third member of the Bartels’ H-D/Scrubblade team, finished eighth.
Further back, Nicholas Hansen (Suburban Motors H-D) held off Paul James (Hoban Cycle/Woodstock H-D) to complete the top ten running order.
1. Tyler O’Hara (Bartels’ H-D/Scrubblade), 8 laps
2. Kyle Wyman (KLR Group/Vesrah), +4.260 seconds
3. Michael Barnes (Bartels’ H-D/Scrubblade), +12.423 seconds
4. Michael Corbino (XP Motorsports/Rossiter’s H-D), +21.966 seconds
5. Gerry Signorelli (Kuryakyn), +24.889 seconds
6. David Estok (Ruthless Racing/Deeley H-D Racing), +25.771 seconds
7. Darren James (Ruthless Racing/Deeley H-D Racing), +26.111 seconds
8. Josh Chisum (Bartels’ H-D/Scrubblade), +38.058 seconds
9. Nicholas Hansen (Suburban Motors H-D), +1:04.313
10. Paul James (Hoban Cycle/Woodstock H-D), +1:04.780
11. Aaron Borello (Air Ground Xpress), +1:10.130
12. Pete Demas (Route One Racing), +1:11.765
13. Richard Barnett (Motolist.com), +2:06.049
14. Shane Narbonne (Suburban Motors H-D), 7 laps, DNF
15. Jeremiah Johnson (BE-EV.com/New Roc H-D), DNS
XR1200 Championship Points
1. O’Hara, 115
2. K. Wyman, 99
3. Barnes, 98
4. Corbino, 61
5. Estok, 56
6. Signorelli, 54
7. D. James, 51
8. Chisum, 49
9. T. Wyman, 47
10. Narbonne, 40
The next round of the Vance & Hines XR1200 series is June 2-3 at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis.